Dinghy sailors enjoying annual regatta.
Sailing the club Laser Pico - concentrating hard!
Training - boat inspection!
Gybing - easy on a calm day!
Relax, watch the sun set at Seasalter.
Join the club
Seasalter Sailing Club Application Forms, Rules and Byelaws available at bottom of page. **
What we offer
- Relaxed atmosphere and family friendly environment, clubroom overlooking the beach, direct access to sea.
- Regular social functions, linked to our sailing calendar, to end sailing days with more fun ashore.
- Recreational sailing and racing for all abilities and standards, help is on hand so join in, you will enjoy yourself.
- Changing and Shower Facilities - endless hot water from solar powered showers.
- Home cooked food available and self service Galley (for free tea/coffee for members.)
- Use of Club Owned Boats (for a small donation)
- Camping for members and families
The club can offer you informal training in the form of coaching and buddying also valuable crewing opportunities with more experienced sailors. You can find out more about crewing on our menu under Sailing. Complete beginners may find benefit in attending RYA sailing courses at the Medway Watersports Trust, near Chatham Historic Dockyard. https://medwaywatersports.co.uk/ They will be pleased to offer dinghy sailing courses, also Safety Boat and Powerboat courses. Their aim is to be able to offer courses at short notice, potentially within a week, and at a very competitive price. The income generated from running their programme is invested into their Trust to provide Watersports activities and training to those, particularly youngsters, who would ordinarily not be able to afford or access the facilities. Dover Seasports Centre is an alternative centre for those near Dover. Just let us know how we can help.
You are welcome to visit us, we would be pleased to show you around to see how what we offer can meet your needs. As a relatively small club everyone is important to us so we can discuss your sailing needs and develop a sailing plan with you. If you havent yet bought a boat, dont worry, our club boats are regularly maintained and insured for your use while you make up your mind what to buy. This can save the initial financial outlay and let you choose what sort of sailing suits you/your family best.
Please bring your family along, we welcome visitors who can enjoy sitting on our balcony watching us all sailing and to help make the tea afterwards. We love volunteers, thats how we thrive, so the more the merrier, join the gang.
After sailing and evening social events members can use our boat field for relaxed camping, just let a member of the committee know you are there beforehand and when you are leaving!
So......what are you waiting for? Please contact us - email or phone, come and see us, some of us are free during the week so can show you around then, if weekends are a bit busy. Make your future weekends fun and even busier by joining us.
FEES: For 2020 only, as a trial offer for those new to SSC you have a choice!
You can join our "Dip your Toe" Introduction to Sailing membership for £100/150 (Single/Family membership) using club boats for 1 year.
Further details on the application form.
If you have your own boat or have previously been a club member and wish to join, including using the club boat field, the standard tariffs below will be applicable.
Standard Tariff 2020
There is a £30 joining fee.
£220 Family membership (including boat park) - including children under 18.
£192 Single membership (including boat park) - age 25 and over.
£40 Young Adult membership ( including boat park) - age 18 and above but under 25.
£40 Junior membership (including boat park) - under age 18 and not covered by Family membership above.
£40 Student membership (including boat park) - age 25 and over who are taking a Further Education course or are apprenticed and not in paid employment.
Non Sailing Membership : Associate: £40 Categories: Husband & wife/partner only. Single - Over 18 only.
Sailing Membership Includes:
- FREE entry to all club races (excl. open events) and cruises
- Access to club facilities when not in use for sailing, you can book out the clubhouse for special events (ie meetings, weddings etc) for a small donation
- You can attend all club social functions
Associate Membership Includes:
- You can attend all club social functions
- Access to club facilities when not in use for sailing, you can book out the clubhouse for special events (i.e. meetings, weddings etc) for a small donation
Download Application form below for more information on membership types.
** When you have time one rainy afternoon and there is no wind for sailing please read through the Seasalter Sailing Club Rules and Byelaws and Code of Conduct, attached to the Application Form. Happy reading.